Anthropology department at the American university of Central Asia
NGO "The Center of Museum Initiatives"
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR PROTECTION OF CULTURAL HERITAGE IN KYRGYZ REPUBLIC NOW?
Time and venue:
American university of Central Asia
Bishkek, Abdymomunov st. 205
April 14, 2012
Anthropology Department at American University of Central Asia and NGO "Center of Museum Initiatives" within the framework of Fifth Central Asian Anthropological Conference presents a forum entitled “What can we do for protection of cultural heritage in Kyrgyz Republic now?” which will be held in April 14, 2012
The main goal of this forum is to gather all experts and specialists in the fields of archaeology, architecture, history, museum practice and law in order to solve following important objectives:
- to renew a list of cultural heritage of Kyrgyz Republic;
- on the base of analysis of current Law on Protection and Use of Historical and Cultural Heritage (1999) and the Law about Museums and Museum Funds (2000) design additions and comments to improve them;
- to discuss a guidebook about archeological sites and artifacts for custom and frontier officers for the purpose to prevent their illegal transportation out of country;
- to build partnership and collaboration with such organizations as UNESCO, ICOM, National Academy of Sciences of KR, Anthropology department at AUCA, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of KR in order to effectively protect cultural heritage of country;
- to publish the outcomes of the forum activity in the form of following documents: renewed list of tangible cultural heritage sites and set of additions and comments to the current Law on Protection and Use of Historical and Cultural Heritage (1999) and the Law about Museums and Museum Funds (2000);
- to provide all documents and recommendations of the forum to the consideration of Ministry of culture and tourism of KR.
- to publish the guidebook about archeological sites, museum and museum fund, and artifacts for custom and frontier officers and circulate them among appropriate authorities during special trainings.
If you are interested in participation, please submit an abstract with a clearly formulated statement of your professional contribution to the consideration of these objectives and your CV to email@example.com until March 14, 2012.
On behalf of