Mission and Vision
The Institute for Behavioral Health and Applied Research (Institute) is a self-sustaining establishment for counseling, research, training and teaching, which is affiliated with the Psychology Department of American University of Central Asia and is a substructure of AUCA.
The Institute functions as an independent and self-sustaining structure in terms of its mission, procedures, finance and governance.
The mission of the Institute includes, but is not limited to:
- delivering mental health services to the community of Bishkek and Kyrgyzstan;
- serving as a platform for teaching and training beginning specialists in psychology – counselors and researchers;
- providing training and community-building events for the community of psychologists in Bishkek and Kyrgyzstan;
- providing evidence-based assessment and diagnostics services for individuals, families, and organizations;
- serving as a research facility for conducting social and psychological research in Kyrgyzstan.