- Programs & Departments
- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- International and Comparative Politics
- Policy and Civic Engagement Activities
Policy and Civic Engagement Activities
International and Comparative Politics Department engages its students, faculty and alumni into varius activities to facilitate further professional growth and contribute to the public good of their societies.
The following initiatives are udertaken at the department:
- Panorama Politics Club was founded by alumni and faculty of the Department to discuss and analyze important political issues in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia. It works through organizing regular roundtables, commissioning short policy and political analysis briefs to be developed its students, faculty ad department associates. More information about the club is available HERE.
- Development Clinic is the civic engagement initiative of the Department. It aims at facilitating development of civic engagement skills by the department’s students. Students in the past were designing and implementing education programs at the municipal center for homeless children, developing environmental and other initiatives. The Clinic works by facilitating students organizing their initiatives which aim to address social issues in communities around the campus. Besides this, the Clinic partners with non-profit organizations where students can be placed as volunteers/interns and gain valuable civic engagement and project management experience.