- Центр письма и академических ресурсов
- Материалы для профессоров
РЕСУРСЫ ДЛЯ ПРОФЕССОРОВ
Help Students Get the Most Out of the Writing & Academic Resource Center
To help students get the most out of their tutoring sessions at the Writing & Academic Resource Center, and thus, get more support for our academic courses, there are a few basic things professors can do:
- If you give your students a writing assignment, handout a typed written assignment with clear expectations, due dates, and any specific requirements. Students should bring these to share with the tutor. See this guide on designing essay assignments.
- If a student is consistently struggling with writing, math or economics, refer the student to the WARC Director or the Center Coordinator to arrange for “ongoing sessions”. (Ongoing sessions are defined as one hour weekly sessions for the entire semester with the same tutor.)
- Encourage students to make tutoring appointments ahead of time and to bring their assignments, the text(s) their working with and any work they’ve started towards fulfilling the assignment.
- Help students understand that if they make an appointment with a tutor and then fail to show up for it, they are wasting not only the tutor’s time and the school’s money, but are also keeping some other student from being able to get assistance. More than two “non-shows” and a student will forfeit his or her right to use the Center for a semester.
- Know what the role of tutor is. Please read “What Tutors Do (And What They Don’t Do)”.
The Writing and Academic Resource Center Schedule
We have 16 writing tutors, 7 math tutors and 2 tutors specifically microeconomics. Math and Writing Tutors are available every day.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
9:00-17:00 9:00-17:00 9:00-17:00 9:00-17:00 9:00-17:00 9:00-17:00
NOTE: The standard policy is that students can sign up for one tutoring session per week in a given subject. However, they can come twice a week if one or both of those sessions take place on a Saturday.
AUCA Writing &Academic Resource Center