The information on OSUN Online Courses for Spring 2024 is available on the AUCA website under the Online Registration section.
The list of course equivalents is published on the AUCA website.
Course syllabi are available here >>>>>>>>>>>>
Registration for Spring 2024 courses opens on November 15, 2023.
Registration deadline: December 15, 2023
If you are interested in taking an OSUN online course in Spring 2024, please get acquainted with the eligibility criteria listed below, as well as general information and rules you must follow before you start the registration process.
AUCA students must use https://study.auca.kg/ to register for OSUN online courses offered by AUCA. Please note that OSUN online courses offered at AUCA are treated as regular AUCA courses. If 2, 3, 4th- year (study year at the start of courses) students register for OSUN courses offered by AUCA, their maximum semester load is 33 credits (regular load).
On this page you can find the following information:
Eligibility & Rules
- Full-time sophomores, juniors, and seniors who earned a “C+” grade or higher for both FYS I and II;
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 (minimum);
- Fulfilling prerequisite requirements, if any.
- All courses are offered online.
- All courses are in the local time of the university offering a course, so students need to check with Bishkek time.
- Since OSUN online course start and end dates might differ from AUCA classes, students need to pay attention to course start and end dates.
- Since space for each course is limited, seats will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- Since space for each course is limited, students are allowed to take up to 6 ECTS (AUCA) credits of OSUN online courses.
- It is each student's responsibility to receive approval of their advisor to take an OSUN online course of their interest and ensure it covers the necessary graduation requirement for them.
- Submitting a course application on the OSUN portal implies that a student received advisor approval to take that course.
- AUCA uses the ECTS credit system. The course credit equivalency is as follows:
- 1,5 U.S. credits equal 3 ECTS credits;
- 2 U.S. credits equal 4 ECTS credits;
- 3 U.S. credits equal 6 ECTS credits;
- 4 U.S. credits equal 6 ECTS credits.
- Students will receive grades for courses. The grade received for the OSUN online course will affect overall GPA. Please note that for AUCA students on study abroad programs, the grade for the OSUN online course will not affect their overall GPA (Transferring into AUCA rules apply).
- In order to be eligible to receive an OSUN student mobility grant award, applicants must have participated in or be enrolled in at least one OSUN online course.
Maximum credit load:
- Students taking OSUN online courses will be allowed to take up to 36 credits – this includes both AUCA and OSUN course credits - in the spring semester 2024 in order to be able to take these courses. This means that if students would like to take an OSUN online course, they need to leave free credits so that their total credits of AUCA and OSUN online courses for Spring 2024 do not exceed 36 credits.
- NOTE: The 36-credit rule will only apply to students taking Spring 2024 OSUN online courses outside of AUCA. See an example and explanations below for more clarity.
- In case students register for more than 36 credits in total and create an overload for themselves, they have to select one of the two options listed below:
- Option 1: Sign an agreement with the AUCA Administrative Services Center and pay for the overload (anything that exceeds 36 credits);
- Option 2: In case students choose not to pay, they are to withdraw from an OSUN online course because it cannot be added to a students’ transcripts due to the overload.
- All OSUN online courses offered outside of AUCA are free and no separate payment is required as long as students’ total semester load (AUCA and OSUN online course credits) does not exceed 36 credits.
- For AUCA students with “Active” status in Spring 2024, OSUN online courses will be added to each student's AUCA transcript manually by the Registrar's Office after the end of the add-drop period in January 2024. Grades for courses will be added based on official transcripts issued by OSUN online course host institutions.
- For AUCA Students with “Study Abroad” status in Spring 2024, the OSUN online course cannot be added to their AUCA transcripts and the OSUN course has to be transferred according to the Transferring into AUCA rules.
A student wants to take the maximum load of 36 credits in Spring 2024, and register for the OSUN course titled Ethical Leadership course offered by Bard College, which is 6 ECTS credits. The steps to take would be:
- To register for AUCA courses through the AUCA OR for no more than 30 credits and make sure there are no time conflicts between the student’s AUCA courses and an OSUN online course, in this case - Ethical Leadership course;
- If there are no time conflicts, register for the 6 ECTS-credit Civic Engagement course on the OSUN portal and wait to be accepted. When accepted, students receive a notification email.
- To submit the course commitment form on the OSUN portal and wait to receive access to course materials and wait for the OSUN course to be added to AUCA transcript in January 2024 after the end of the add-drop period by the Registrar’s Office.
- Please note that the course host institution might request additional information from students (a copy of the passport, a request to submit a specific form, etc.) in order to officially enroll them in the course offered at the host university.
List of courses
How to Register for an OSUN course
- AUCA students must use https://study.auca.kg/ to register for OSUN courses offered by AUCA.
- To register for OSUN courses offered outside of AUCA:
If you have any questions, please contact Zhamilia Irsalieva at email@example.com