Merit-based scholarships are awarded to outstanding students regardless of the student's financial need. Only citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic are eligible for merit-based awards.These awards are not eligible for students applying to Business Administration program.
To qualify for these awards a student must have demonstrated a particularly high standard of academic performance or some other kind of achievement. These scholarships are need-blind, there is no requirement for the student to submit proof of financial need. All merit-based awards should be received in the year a candidate applies for admission at AUCA.
In the 2019-20 academic year following awards are available for:
- winners of the "Brain-Ring" competition conducted by AUCA (1st place - 100% tuition discount;2nd place - 80% tuition discount; 3rd place - 75% tuition discount)
- winner of the English Language Republican Olympiad (1st place only) among high school students in the Kyrgyz Republic (100% tuition discount)
- gold certificate holders (100% tuition discount)
- winners of the "STREAM" competition conducted by AUCA (100% tuition discount)
- winners of Maths Olympiad conducted by AUCA (1st place - 90% tuition discount;2nd place - 80% tuition discount)
Anthropology and Sociology Rating Awards* (100% tuition discount)
Two merit-based awards are given to outstanding freshmen entering the Anthropolgy and Sociology departments with the highest cumulative admission score based on the results of all admission cohorts. The recipient may not transfer to any other AUCA program, if he/she wishes to maintain this award. Selection will be conducted by the SFA Office together with the Admissions Office.
*These awards are open to all citizens of CIS countries.
If a student does not meet the minimum 3.2 GPA requirement, he/she will have a two semester probationary period. The award will not be continued if a student fails to meet the minimum required GPA within two consecutive semesters. If and when the students' GPA reaches the minimum 2.7 he/she may reapply for only need-based award. Stream awardees do not have GPA requirement starting from 2018-19 academic year.
The number of students and amount of scholarship will be determined by the university administration.
*Please be aware that all the scholarships are granted for one year and will be extended only if the applicants meet all the requirements.