The Law Division of the American University of Central Asia is proud to offer a two year LL.M. program, beginning in the Fall of 2016. The LL.M. program offers the highest quality of teaching in small seminar settings provided by leading American, European and Central Asian professors.
The LL.M. degree is becoming more important in the modern legal environment. Ideal candidates for the LL.M. program are lawyers and specialists from related fields who wish to distinguish themselves amongst their peers in their professional communities. The AUCA LL.M. program will be conducted entirely in English. In the global economy, professionals with international legal experience and foreign language fluency have very marketable skills that many employers desire. Additionally, an LL.M. degree is a prerequisite for those who wish to pursue higher legal education, such as a Ph.D. or S.J.D.
The AUCA LL.M. program is designed to be accessible to domestic and foreign mid-career professionals with limited free time. In order to accomplish this, the program will be taught in an intense modular format. Students are encouraged to work in their respective professions while completing the LL.M. program.
The curriculum of the program is designed to enable students to focus on the area of International Comparative Law in a way that is flexible in terms of specializing in either business-oriented or public-oriented directions. The program will invite American, European and Central Asian law professors to deliver lectures and seminars. All of the courses will have a small number of students so students can work very closely with the faculty. The LL.M. program at AUCA will be completed over a total of four semesters. The final semester will be used by students to complete their internship and thesis requirements.
Apply now online or visit the AUCA Admissions Office in Room G20 of the new AUCA campus.
The LL.M. Program aims to prepare graduates with higher professional education (holders of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees) for jobs in international projects and organizations, state bodies, non-governmental organizations, private law firms and commercial entities, including for teaching and research work as well as for continuing education in Master’s degree or Ph.D./S.J.D. programs. The program is focused on developing general professional and professional competencies of its students in international and business law with a goal to prepare specialists who will be in demand in domestic and international labor markets. At the heart of our Program and University is the combination of the best traditions of liberal American and Central Asian education with an individual approach to each student. The Program pursues the following tasks:
LL.M. Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the LL.M. program should have the following competencies:
1) be able to generalize and analyze information critically which is the basis for independent learning and application of new knowledge and skills;
2) be fluent in a foreign language at the level of professional communication, have strong oral and written communication skills and be advanced computer users;
3) apply professional judgment, perform quality legal analysis, conduct legal research and solve legal problems using advanced methods and technologies, be able to develop new original ideas in the professional sphere;
4) draft and interpret normative legal acts, carry out legal expertise of drafts of normative legal acts, serve as experts and consultants, provide qualified legal opinions in various fields of law;
5) teach legal disciplines at a high theoretical and methodological level with reliance on international best practice, use of online resources and application of the latest forms and methods of teaching;
6) demonstrate leadership qualities, active citizenship, take initiatives and implement projects aimed at advancing a welfare state.
The application period will be from April 2 until September 1. Applications may be completed at the AUCA Admissions Office in room G 20 at 7/6 Aaly Tokombaev Street.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early for the best availability!
For more information, visit https://auca.kg/en/llm/ or email email@example.com