- About AUCA
- Administrative Departments
- Public Relations Office
- Internal Policy of PR Office
INTERNAL POLICY OF PR OFFICE
AUCA Public Relations Policy: Effective January 1, 2014
The AUCA Communications Office manages the University's global reputation and its communications worldwide.
The AUCA Communications Office aims to promote the work of AUCA students and faculty both within the Kyrgyz Republic and globally. Our work strengthens the relationship of AUCA with those who have previously studied, worked, and have had involvement with AUCA.
This policy brief is designed to outline how the Communications Office fulfills that role.
News Coverage and Event Advertisement:
- The office identifies relevant topics, individuals, and events with the assistance of actors responsible for such items.
- If a department or individual wants us to attend or publicize anything related or of interest to the University, they must fill out the form one week before the requested event takes place. Please fill this submission form
- The coverage will be published on the AUCA website and on social media platforms as requested.
- Each Department/Student Club/Office is responsible for advertising their own events on the AUCA website Events page. Each department is now able to add events to the website on their own, through their office manager.
- The PR Office will provide all logotypes/design required for posters or advertising. Departments are welcome to do this on their own, but the PR office is available to assist you with design requests. Please use the submission form for all requests. The AUCA Logo in Corel Draw format is available on our website: https://auca.kg/en/branding/
- The platforms for news coverage and event advertisement include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, and the AUCA website.
- Each department/office is responsible for maintaining their page of the AUCA website and ensuring the accuracy of information presented there. Basic information should appear in English/Russian/Kyrgyz. The PR Office will provide editing for all languages before content is posted. Other services for web design and style must be requested in written form and signed by the head of the requested department.
AUCA Business Cards:
- The PR Office will print business cards on the first day of each month. The PR Office provides (no more than 100) business cards for the head of each department. If other staff or faculty members require business cards, the cost must be covered by the relevant department’s budget or the individual.
- Business cards cost 4 Som/card for regular stock, and 6 Som/card for heavier stock
- To request business cards, the department must provide a written request addressed to the Director of Communications, Dinara Orozbaeva, and signed by the head of the department. This request must be brought to PR Office; telephone calls or emails are not sufficient.
- The PR Office publishes a quarterly (except summer) AUCA Magazine to promote stories of interest within the AUCA community and highlight the many positive contributions by AUCA students, faculty, and staff to the society of Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia, and beyond.
- Any parties interested in contributing articles should contact Editor-in-Chief Marcos Cisneros at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Issues of AUCA Magazine are generally published in February, May, and October. Information on the specific theme and a timeline of the submission process for a given issue is available two to three months preceding publication.
Guidelines for Photography/Video:
- The PR Office publicizes videos that promote the positive image of AUCA. Videos can be uploaded to the AUCA YouTube channel. PR Office provides photo coverage of the events related to AUCA. Departments should inform PR photographer one week before the event.
- All photos are available at AUCA’s archive or AUCA Facebook official page photo albums where could be downloaded. Or bring a USB flash card to PR Office for taking the photos.
Electronic Mail Delivery:
- The PR Office is responsible for delivering electronic mail to specific groupings of AUCA students, faculty, and staff. If a department needs to announce an upcoming event or publicize any issue, an email of request including with the material to be sent should be addressed to the PR Office at email@example.com. The material will be delivered two days before the event; not earlier or later.
- The most important news about achievements at AUCA will be delivered to all local media in Kyrgyzstan. If a department wants the PR Office to deliver an electronic email with important news to all media, it must send a request with the news attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. The attached news will be disseminated immediately if needed or after three days of sending it to PR Office.
- The PR Office organizes events including conferences, guest lecture, round tables, seminars, and creative competitions.
- If a department wants assistance in organizing a guest lecture or a competition, contact Dinara Orozbaeva at email@example.com.
AUCA Merchandise Requests:
- AUCA-branded merchandise can be requested only in certain circumstances, including special guests and students travelling to events.
- To obtain AUCA-branded merchandise the requesting department must fill out the provided form, have it signed by the department head, and deliver it to the PR Office (room 302). The form is attached Eng/Rus
- Merchandise available includes: Polo T-shirts, T-shirts (I Love AUCA), Caps, Bracelets, Pens, Notebooks, Notepads, Magnets, Flags, Bags, AUCA Magazine, Rucksacks.
The Communications Office welcomes applications for volunteers, interns, and any other suggestions regarding working with the Communications Office. To apply, please contact Nurzhan Kadyrkulova at firstname.lastname@example.org